You are here: Homepage

Entries for tag: von Sperling family


Manor House Schependorf


The area was referred to as Schepekendorf for the first time in 1339. The original location of the village is shown on the oldest field map from 1773 as an “Alten Hoff” land parcel. ... more


Manor House Langenfelde


In the 16th century the Langenfelde estate was in possession of the Knights of Bugenhagen, from 1652 on the owners were the von Sperling family, followed by the von Pfuel family. Around 1722 Johann August von Meyerfeldt, Governor General of Swedish Pomerania, received the estate. ... more


Manor House Groß Raden


Groß Raden is well-known due to the archaeological open-air museum located northeast of the village in a lowland area next to Lake Groß Raden. The circular castle is located on a prominent peninsula. ... more


Manor House Retgendorf


With a camping site and a large residential community, Retgendorf is now a popular residential and holiday resort. The old village originated from a former estate, whose manor house has not existed for a long time. ... more


Manor House Rubow


From the 15th to 17th century, particularly the knightly dynasty of von Sperling was in possession of large areas located northeast of Schwerin Lake. ... more


Thurow manor house near Brüel


Duke Heinrich von Mecklenburg bestowed the Breesen, Ventschow, Turow, Jesendorf and Bibow estates to Joh. Bassewitz in 1444. ... more


Ventschow Manor House


In Ventschow are remaining estate grounds, including the former owner’s house.  Around 1800 the estate was in the possession of the von Bülow family (Camin banch). ... more


Vietow Estate


Ownership to 1945: ... more


Gutshaus Wessin


Das Gut Wessin war Stammsitz der ritterschaftlichen Familie von Stralendorff. Die Familie von Elderhorst zu Bissendorf war von 1745 bis 1792 pfandweise im Besitz des Gutes Wessin. ... more