Estate Klein Varchow

Nowadays the village of Klein Varchow does no longer exist, it was incorporated into the village of Klein Flotow; the manor house has disappeared too. In the 14th century, the Kruse (later Krause) dynasty resided in the castle at Varchow - Varchow is therefore considered their ancestral seat.




In addition to the Kruses, the von Kamptz also own shares in the village, which they sell to Dietrich Otto von Winterfeld in 1696 and 1711. In 1700 they also purchase the Kruses' shares. When Joachim Ernst von Kamptz bought back the old property in 1755, the independent estate Klein-Varchow was formed. In 1863 the fiefdom Varchow is in possession of Countess Maria Anna Grote, née Jenisch. From the beginning of the 20th century until probably the 1940s the estate was owned by the Bothe family. In 1921, Friedrich Bothe is mentioned in the directory of estates as the owner of the 184 hectare estate.

After 1945 the manor house was at times used as a children's home.

Pictures by Karin Bothe: The historical family photos show the Bothe family and their estate workers.


Keywords: