Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Kölzow manor house in calendar 2021

Kölzow manor house in calendar 2021

Info & Order


Estate and Mausoleum Koblentz

"Colbcutz" was first mentioned in a document in 1293. At that time, the knight Friedrich von Eickstedt resided here. From 1490 on the village was a fief of the von Muckerwitz family and from 1579 on of the von Eickstedt family.




Baron Rudolf von Eickstedt had the mausoleum built in the classicist style by the architect Friedrich Hitzig in 1853/54. In 1895, the estate changed hands and the entrepreneur Schweder became the new owner. After the historic boulder built church collapsed in 1897, the mausoleum served as a church for the villagers. Until the estate was sold to the von Bülow family, the owners of the estate changed in quick succession.

In 1945 a fire destroyed the manor house. Some buildings of the estate complex were preserved.

In autumn 2013, the MAUSOLEUM KOBLENTZ e.V. association was founded, which has since made merit in restoring the mausoleum and the surrounding park. In addition, it promotes art and culture in rural areas.

Further information:  www.mausoleum-koblentz.de


Keywords: