You are here: Homepage

Entries for tag: von Neuenkirchen,Nienkerken family


Wrangelsburg Manor House (Palace)


South of the Hanseatic city of Greifswald lies Wrangelsburg village.  The former village, “Outpost,” belonged to the von Neuenkirchen family from 1426.  From that time on various houses existed there, which through war or fire were vandalized or dismantled. ... more


Castle Müggenburg


The moated Müggenburg Castle lies in the quiet and isolation of the typical Western Pomeranian landscape west of Usedom. ... more


Manor House (Castle) Göhren


Göhren had a castle-like manor house from the mid-19th century. The Gothic building was constructed in 1855 by Friedrich Hitzig of Berlin as a multi-part, elaborate brick structure. ... more


Manor House Jamitzow


Jamitzow was first mentioned in a document in 1315 in which Henning and Arnold von Köller were named as owners. The estate seems to have remained in their possession up to the 16th century. ... more


Moated Castle Mellenthin


The Renaissance castle of Mellenthin stands on an artificially created island surrounded by a wide moat enclosed by boulder stones. ... more


Manor House Pritzier, District of Wolgast


The Manor House Pritzier no longer exists. Pritzier was first mentioned in Lubin's map in 1618. (The Lubin map is the first complete map of the Duchy of Pomerania produced by the Rostock scholar Eilhard Lubinus between 1610 and 1618.) Pritzier was originally and presumably until 1641 a fief of the Nienkerken family. Around this time the place became a sovereign demesne. ... more