You are here: Homepage > Manor Houses & Estates > Leyerhof

Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Ludorf manor in calendar 2019

Ludorf manor in calendar 2019

info & order


A manor house for a whole group!

A manor house for a whole group!

The guest house Zietlitz offers the suitable ambience for family celebrations, small seminars, groups of friends of historical manor houses; nature lovers, yoga groups and much more.

Gutshaus Zietlitz


Manor House Leyerhof

The first known owners of the Leyerhof estate were the von Schwerin family. In 1728 the von Schmalensee family purchased the estate. They had the manor house built in 1762, whose vaulted cellar is still extant.




Only 15 years later they sold the estate to the von Tigerström family, who in 1870 sold the Leyerhof estate to the von Platen family, who in 1879 sold it to the von Bülow family, who kept it for only three years until it was taken over by Wilhelm Wossidlo in 1882. It was Wilhelm Wossidlo who gave the manor house its present grand appearance in 1922 through expansion and other structural measures. The year date in the gable proudly announces the reconstruction. Until his death in 1943, Wossidlo led the fortunes of the estate prudently, he shaped the village´s character with new buildings, such as cottages for the agricultural labourers, and he contributed towards the modification of the school. After his death, his wife Emilie took over the estate until the family had to flee in 1945.

Soon after refugees moved into the manor house. During the GDR era the listed building was predominantly inhabited. In 1975 there were nine flats, a post office and a shop and rooms for the district nurse (a small medical surgery).

After the political change the granddaughter of the last owner purchased the manor house and had it rebuilt. Since then apartments and holiday accommodation are for rent here.

Wilhelm Wossidlo is commemorated by a memorial stone on the estate complex.


Keywords: