You are here: Homepage > Manor Houses & Estates > Langsdorf

Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Ludorf manor in calendar 2019

Ludorf manor in calendar 2019

info & order


Midsummer Remise

Midsummer Remise

22. & 23.06.2019
The weekend of Nordic castles and manor houses.
Move with us from estate to estate.

MittsommerRemise


A manor house for a whole group!

A manor house for a whole group!

The guest house Zietlitz offers the suitable ambience for family celebrations, small seminars, groups of friends of historical manor houses; nature lovers, yoga groups and much more.

Gutshaus Zietlitz


Estate, Demesne Langsdorf

The village of Langsdorf has gained some fame in recent years. The A20 motorway, inaugurated in 2005, has a bridge leading through the wide moorland area of the river Trebel valley. In 2017 this bridge was bogged down into the mire and with it the motorway.



Up to 1816 the place was called Mecklenburger Pass. Here the river Trebel formed the border between Mecklenburg and Pomerania (Prussia) and presented the far and wide only crossing over the swampy Trebel valley. For this purpose a customs and border station was built. In 1816 Grand Duke Friedrich Franz I. of Mecklenburg renamed the village Langsdorf.

Since 1648 the "Preußen-Pass-Schanze Tribsees" (Prussia Passport Control Entrenchment Tribsees) was located on the other side of the border. The remains of the former border buildings disappeared when the A20 motorway was built. In the 18th century, toll houses were built on both sides of the road, which served as border and customs stations. Other than the street village there was also an estate in Langsdorf. Until 1824 it was owned by the barons Waiz von Eschen; in 1824 the estate was purchased by the Grand Ducal Chamber, which leased it out as a demesne.


Tenants of th Demesne:

1824-1844

Johann Schwarz

1844-1853

Heinrich Dobbertin

1853-1860

Johannes Lameyer

1860-1883

Carl Meyer

1883-1896

Theela Freese nee Karutz

1896-1898

Adolf Gärtner

1898-1912

Vincent Crull

1912-1913

Waldemar Knust

1913-(1917)

Hermann Ernst

after 1923

Opened to settlements

1938

12 Small holding farms, 37 cottagers


Keywords: