Manor Houses Kogel

Kogel was first mentioned in documents in 1255 and was an estate village of the von Flotow family until 1945, after the Prince of Werle had enfeoffed Andreas von Flotow with the settlement in 1340. The neighbouring Grüssow estate belonged to Kogel.



There were two manor houses in Kogel: the so-called old manor house, which was probably built at the beginning of the 18th century, and the manor house, a neo-Gothic rendered building from the 19th century.

After the Second World War, the manor house was converted into a culture house with a performance hall and a large dining hall. On the upper floor there were bedrooms and training rooms of the agricultural production cooperative "LPG Satow-Kogel". The old manor house was inhabited.

At the end of the 1990s the land on which the manor houses and other buildings were located was sold into private hands by the TLG (fiduciary property services company) and shortly afterwards all buildings were demolished. Nowadays there is merely a green area in place of the former manor house.


Keywords: