Manor House Klein Nemerow

When the Brandenburg Margrave Albrecht endowed the free ownership of the villages Groß and Klein Nemerow to the Commander (of an order) Ulrich Schwabe in 1298 the Johanniter (St. John) commandry Nemerow came into being.

In the course of the reformation it was the Nemerow Johanniter-Commandry which as a Catholic foundation was the one to hold out longest against the secular power in Mecklenburg and to resist secularisation. In 1628 Wallenstein confiscated the commandry Nemerow for himself. Two and a half years later his rule ended and the Swedish King Gustav Adolf presented the commandry to his colonel Melchior Wurmbrand in 1630. Wurmbrand returned it in 1634. With the Peace of Westphalia of 1648 the commandry was awarded to the Güstrow line of the noble house of Mecklenburg. After this lineage died out the commandry went to the Dukedom of Mecklenburg-Strelitz in 1701. In Mecklenburg-Strelitz the commandry Nemerow constituted an independent district up to 1794 whose last tenant was Adolph Friedrich Quinckardt.

After this Nemerow belonged to the district of Stargard and became a demesne. The manor house still extant now was built by one of the demesne tenants Ernst Siemerling in 1886. The very last tenant was Georg Griebel who had been brought to ruin in 1930 due to the world economic crisis and a major fire. In 1932 the estate was opened to settlements by the Deutsche Siedlungsbank (A company who divided land into property parcels then sold these to settlers.) Among the fourteen settlers was the family of Bruno Thamm from Hinrichshagen who took over the remainder of the estate. The Thamm family established a thriving guest house and holiday restaurant in the former manor house. They commenced business in 1933, naming the place "Haidehof". Due to an argument with the district administrator of the rural district the Thamm family were expropriated and the property was divided into two more places for so called `new farmers´.

In later years the old manor house again became a pub especially for people out on a day trip or on holiday. It was then the Co-Op Inn and since 1997 has been reopened as Seehotel Heidehof by the Freizeit- und Service Gesellschaft (FSG) Neverin.