Estate Kakernehl

The building which is nowadays called the manor house in Kakernehl is actually a former estate building, which was built in 1898. The real manor house was located north of the pond and was removed in the 1950s.

In 1701 Dorothea von Gosen auf Varbelvitz had rights to the Kakernehl Estate. Later on Christian von Ahnen was the pledge owner. The estate was a demesne. In 1928 tenant was Toni Berninghaus; Heinz Berninghaus was the last tenant until 1945.

In the 1975s the building now known as the manor house served as an apprentice hostel and after the political change asylum seekers moved into the house.