Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Book "Manor houses and castles in Western Pomerania"

Book "Manor houses and castles in Western Pomerania"

In Volume 2, we present 45 estates with short texts and more than 220 historical and current photographs on 155 pages.

Info & Order

book Vorpommern 2


Castle Kaarz in calendar 2022

Castle Kaarz in calendar 2022

Info & Order


Kölzow manor house in calendar 2021

Kölzow manor house in calendar 2021

Info & Order


Manor House Klein Miltzow

Klein Miltzow developed after 1696 from a settlement that lay to the north of the village of Reinkenhagen. It then became a feudal estate with the manor house and a farm labourers´ cottage estate. Behind the manor house was a large park in 1835.




The manor house was built by converting an older building in the first third of the 19th century and was altered around 1895. The last owner of the manor until 1945 was the Stralsund merchant August Beug, and his son Hans was the tenant. After 1945, refugees moved into the manor house. In 1975, there were four flats in the house for the employees of the LPG (agricultural production cooperative), shortly before the house had been modernised. At that time, there was already a central water supply and drainage system, the flats had a bathroom and toilet; however, heating was still provided by stoves. During the GDR era, most of the farm buildings of the old estate had to make way for new buildings of a large agricultural complex of the LPG

After 1990, the manor house and the two-storey building on the right gable end stood empty. A few years later, both buildings were in ruins, the farm overgrown, and the park had run to seed.


Keywords: