Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Recommend us!

Recommend us!

Verlinkungen


Wiligrad Castle in calendar 2019

Wiligrad Castle in calendar 2019

info & order


Wilmstorf Manor House

The village Wilmstorf lies in the area around Klütz, north of the small city of Dassow. From here it is only a few kilometers to the beloved Baltic beaches. The manor house stands on a small pond in the park and was built in 1856.




In 1896 Julius Krause was in possession of the estate, which at the time encompassed 307 hectares (759 acres). In 1921 the owner was Karl Bosselmann; around 1930, Count von Bassewitz; and then until his dispossession in 1945, Alfred Zintgraf. The family fled that year to Travemünde and then emigrated in 1953 to Canada, where descendants still live.

After World War II the building offered room for numerous refugee families; a majority of apartments was set up there later as well as a community arts center and cooperative store.

The historically protected building, which required rehabbing, was sold by the city of Dassow in 2000 to a woman from Lübeck. The new owner partially rehabbed the house herself and with great attention to detail, but was unable to catch up with the necessary repairs and at the end of 2011 the building had to be put up for compulsory auction.

The new owners created apartments, holiday flats, and vacation rental rooms in the house. In the Fireplace Room stands a terracotta mantelpiece.

The coach house belonging to the property was renovated and now offers room for holiday guests. Still impressive are the unfortunately partly disused agricultural buildings as well as a partially remaining fieldstone wall.

Wilmstorf forms part of the 2010 weekly calendar.


Keywords: