You are here: Homepage > Manor Houses & Estates > Manor Houses and Farm Houses - K > Klein Strömkendorf

Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Kölzow manor house in calendar 2021

Kölzow manor house in calendar 2021

Info & Order


Manor House Klein Strömkendorf

Between the Hanseatic City of Wismar which is about 20 kilometres away and the Baltic resort of Rerik at a distance of 10 kilometres lies Klein Strömkendorf in picturesque surroundings.




During the 17th century the von Stralendorff family resided here. One of the certainly best known noble families of Mecklenburg the von Bülows owned the estate from 1772 to 1788. Eventually Georg Phillip von Brocken purchased the feudal estate in 1832; however he soon sold it again in 1839 to the farmer Ernst Staunau, who during the years from 1841 to 1850 had the manor house built, as it stands now.

After WWII the manor house served more than 40 refugees as accommodation, later it was exposed to the usual dilapidation. After the political change in Germany in 1989 the entrepreneur Gerd Milanowski from Frankfurt purchased the ram shackled building and renovated it thoroughly.

However in 2016 he sold it again, it was purchased by the businessman Thomas Petsch from Würzburg and his partner the saxophonist Marita Gronau. From May 2016 on the two of them are running it as a hotel. For motorcycle enthusiasts, the house nowadays preserves the heritage of Münch Motorrad GmbH, whose owner Thomas Petsch is. In addition, the sounds of the saxophone regularly echo through the building and in summer there are regular events. In the basement there is the Mammut-Bar, where not only motorcyclists are welcome. The house has its own forest behind the building.


Structure of ownership prior to 1945:

13. Mai 1296

Brothers Heinrich II. Ruler in Mecklenburg (The Lion) und Johann III. Ruler in Mecklenburg

ab 1445

First mention of the noble family of von der Lühe

1550

First mention as a feudal estate

ab 1648

Joachim von Strahlendorff after marrying Dorothea von der Lühe

1772 - 1788

Major Heinrich Wilhelm von Bü(h)low

1789 - 1792

Carl A. von Plessen

1792 - 1802

Brothers Karl August and Major Georg Wilhelm von Maydell

1803 - 1831

Provost Johann Gottlieb Romberg, Prior at Alt Bukow purchases the estate.

1832 - 1839

Carl Philipp von Brocken

1839 - 1945

Staunau family

 

From 1841 on Georg Christoph Staunau had the manor house built as it stands nowadays. In 1921 the estate had 344.6 hectares.


Ostsee - Gutshaus GmbH & Co. KG

18233 Am Salzhaff, Hauptstraße 1

Contact: Marita Gronau
Phone: 038294-15949
Email: officeSPAMFILTER@ostseegutshaus.de
Url: www.ostsee-gutshaus.de


Keywords: