Manor House Kleeth

In 1999 the community of Kleeth had plans to demolish the manor house. However a buyer was found who rebuilt it and who tried to maintain as much of the original material as possible. 

It is assumed that the manor house was built in 1860 and was created in the form of a `T´. During the mid-1950s half of the building was demolished and the other half was converted. Four large stable complexes belonging to the estate were also removed. In the 1920s a Count Königsmark farmed the estate, afterwards it became `Staatsdomäne´ (a demesne owned by the state). When in 1937 land requirements were needed for the extension of the Heinkel Aircraft Manufacture the estate came to the Rössingh family by land swap.