Manor House Kandelin

The Kandelin manor house was built in the middle of the 18th century as a half-timbered building. Primary walling was added in 1875 and the building was rendered. In 1910 further reconstruction work took place. The 290 hectare feudal estate was in possession of Ernst von Gaza in 1928. During the GDR era the community used the manor house as a post office, kindergarten and for the municipal administration; also eight flats were counted in 1975.



The manor house was renovated in 2000. There are now several apartments inside. In 2018 a buyer is sought for the house.

There is a chapel in the village, which probably originated in the 14th century.

The rectangular plastered boulder stone building has plaster chords with brick facings on both gables.


Keywords: