You are here: Homepage > Manor Houses & Estates > Manor Houses and Farm Houses - W > Wendorf, Feldberg

Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Recommend us!

Recommend us!

Verlinkungen


Wiligrad Castle in calendar 2019

Wiligrad Castle in calendar 2019

info & order


Midsummer Remise

Midsummer Remise

22. & 23.06.2019
The weekend of Nordic castles and manor houses.
Move with us from estate to estate.

MittsommerRemise


Wendorf Manor House near Feldberg

When the independent estate of Wendorf was spun off in 1857 from the satellite property belonging to the Lichtenberg estate the house was built on the site of a smaller earlier building.




Fotos: Sebastian Haerter

The property passed through many hands:  1871, Carl Meinke; 1900, Albert Tavernier; 1914, Albert Hannemann; 1926, Wilhelm Henning; and finally, in 1939, Karl Hegener.  The latter was dispossessed during the postwar land reform.

The manor house served as accommodation for refugees.  In 1952 the house passed to the municipal council.  Thereafter the inhabitants had to pay rent for the first time.  Soon the refugees moved out.  After the agricultural cooperative was founded in 1958 its office was moved into the house.  A cooperative store was also established in the building during the East German regime.  Because of this much was changed in the house:  the eyebrow dormers disappeared from the roof; stucco work was knocked from the walls and paneling was removed.  Several windows on the gable end were walled up.  After 1994 the house stood empty.

Klaus Günther has been the owner of the Wendorf manor house since 1998.   Together with his friends the former Berlin post office clerk has rebuilt the old pile and converted it into a “Celtic castle.” 

In the meantime he managed to acquire the entire estate complex so that now the collection of buildings has been merged into one entity, with, for example, a carpentry shop and a smithy.


Keywords: