Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Kölzow manor house in calendar 2021

Kölzow manor house in calendar 2021

Info & Order


Estate Klein Vielen

Klein Vielen was first mentioned in documents in 1170. Around the middle of the 13th century the village was called Colhazen Vielen (presumably by its owner Bertoldus Kohlhaze).




In 1274 the Prince Nicolaus von Werle granted the knights Bernhard and Heinrich von Peccatel the rights to Groß- and Klein (Kolhasen-)-Vielen and further places in the bailiwick of Penzlin, as there are Lübkow, Ziplow, Hohen-Zieritz, Stribbow, Peccatel, Brustorf, Langhagen, Lübbechow and Zahren. In the 15th century a manor house was built at the knight's seat. In 1813 the Jahn family purchased the estate. In 1850 the squire Eduard Jahn had an estate chapel built in neo-Gothic style at the end of an avenue. Friedrich Wilhelm Buttel was probably responsible for the construction. Nowadays it is under preservation order and is since 2017 being restored with the support of the Deutsche Stiftung Denkmalschutz ("German Foundation for Monument Protection").

Of the former manorial complex some of the estate buildings are extant; the manor house itself is no more.


Keywords: