Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Recommend us!

Recommend us!

Verlinkungen


Two new castle-calendars 2018

Two new castle-calendars 2018

Informations & ordering

Calendars 2018


Wakendorf Manor House

The manor house of Wakendorf consisted of two parts. The main section was built between about 1600 and 1650 as an clay-walled half-timbered structure and over time was expanded.




Around 1920 a brick wing was added and the clay of the original house was removed and replaced with brick. The estate was owned by the Schröder family from 1852. In 1913 they sold it to Hans Dortsehy, who in turn sold it to Jaspar von Oertzen in 1924. A one-and-a-half hectare (3.7-acre) former English landscape garden adjoins the building and in its time gained a certain renown even beyond the region.

After 1945 the whole house was used as accommodation for refugees and then converted to dwellings by the municipality; the park was divided up. Due to damage the building became uninhabitable. A family from Potsdam bought it in 2000. They planned a complete restoration of the house and its surroundings. After reconstruction the building was supposed to be used as a dwelling and seminar venue. Unfortunately this did not come to pass and it was for sale again in 2007. It was finally demolished.

There is a video of the demolition on Youtubewww.youtube.com


Keywords: