Deutsche Website

Deutsche Website

Recommend us!

Recommend us!


Two new castle-calendars 2018

Two new castle-calendars 2018

Informations & ordering

Calendars 2018

Manor House (Castle) Mallin

The first documented reference to the Mallin village was in 1348. The estate had been under the ownership of the von Maltzan family – with interruptions in the 17th and 18th centuries – from the 15th century to 1857.

The Schröder family followed, then in 1869 Karl Ludwig Baron von Hauff and the Beckmann family. The manor house was built in Wilhelminian style in 1871. The municipality used the manor house ballroom for celebrations. The village guesthouse as well as the nursery was housed in the building after World War II. A restoration, an attempt to preserve the building, failed for lack of financial means.

The manor house had stood empty since 1991 and became derelict. Some work has taken place on the manor house, but it came to a standstill some years ago.

Structure of ownership prior to 1945:


Freiherr (Baron) von Maltzan


Joseph Christian Heinrich Baron von Maltzan (Penzlin)


Ferdinand Baron von Maltzan (Penzlin)


Baron Fr. W. von Maltzan


Andreas Ludwig Friedrich Schröder


Carl Ludwig Baron von Hauff


The brothers: Louis, Constantin and Nicolaus Barone von Hauff


Louis and Nicolaus Barone von Hauff


Nicolaus Baron von Hauff


Margarete Beckmann nee Kronberg (Berlin)