Manor House Kuntzow

A little off the main road between Greifswald and Jarmen the small place Kuntzow is situated with its beautiful but unfortunately deteriorated manor house.




The neo-classical building was completed in 1812. Modifications took place at the beginning of the 19th century. Up to 1945 the estate was in possession of the Swedish von Corswandt family whose coat of arms can be seen above the entrance portal. After the expropriation of the von Corswandt family, who had been natives of Western Pomerania since the end of the 14th century, the manor house served different purposes. Many families lived in the building and on the ground floor there was a pub. However these times have long since gone, nowadays the manor house is standing empty and is subject to decay.

A new owner is in possession of the manor house now.


Keywords: