Manor House Klein Kiesow

Klein Kiesow was first documented in records as a property owned by the von Wakenitz family in 1434. The same family is still in residence during the 16th century.




In the 19th century the owners of the estate are named as Laug´s heirs. Hans Reinhardt was in possession in 1913, in 1928 Hans Lenz, and in 1945 Herr Dr. Lotz was the proprietor.
The manor house is a one storey twelve-axle rendered building with a half-hipped roof, which was presumably built at the beginning of the 18th century. At the beginning of the 20th century extensions to the building were created which bestowed it with its noble character. The plans for the reconstruction were almost certainly delivered by Emilie Winkelmann, who was the very first freelance female architect in Germany, she carried out many projects at rural mansions in the Province of Pomerania between 1910 and 1912.
The listed building manor house is private property and had been standing empty since 1990. Insufficient safeguard measures, vandalism, and unimpeded weather influence affected the building badly during recent years. Of the estate buildings granaries and stable buildings are extant. Old tree populations and former ponds do merely give a vague idea of the former grounds.


Keywords: