Manor House Grabowhöfe

Grabowhöfe is situated north of Waren near Lake Müritz. The place was documented for the first time in 1338, in a letter from Prince Nicholas II von Werle, where it was referred to as Grabow.




Around 1750, Grabow was renamed to Grabowhöfe. The estate was owned by Andreas von Flotow of Stuer starting in 1344. He was followed by the Lord von Bonowen in the period around 1700, the Lord von Meyen around 1780, and then Count Ferdinand von Hahn in 1790. He gave the village to his sister, Luise Countess von Voss, in 1832.

In the mid-1930s, parts of the estate were sold to a settlement company. The rest was owned by Otto Müller. The manor house, a stately half-timbered building, was plastered at the end of the 19th century. Further modifications and renovations took place in 1983 and 1998.

After the Second World War, the manor house was used as a shelter for refugees. It was later used for residential purposes and also housed the municipal council, the library, and a doctor’s practice.

The manor house is flanked by two stables, one of which had been converted into apartments but is now vacant.

The estate was surrounded by a wall and a park with a pond.


Owner before 1945:

after 1344

Andreas Flotow in Stuer

um 1700

von Bonowen

1762-1787

von Meyenn

1787-1789

Councillor of Justice Chr. Friedrich Ludwg Schmidt

1789-1903

Max, count von Hahn

1903-Mitte der 1930er Jahre

Georg / Adolf Fürsten zu Schaumburg-Lippe

1930er Jahre

land settlement society; remainder of the estate Otto Müller


Keywords: