Manor House Breechen

Breechen was a demesne estate of Wolgast in 1569. Duke Bogislaw XIV dedicated the village to his chamberlain Viktor von Horn in 1629 as a hereditary possession for his loyal service.




A new owner of Breechen, the cavalry captain Normann, was recorded in 1708. The von d. Hardt family owned the village and the estate in 1798. Some years later Breechen came under the ownership of the Wolgast merchant family von Hohmeyer. They then sold it to Mr. Eggebrecht around 1822, who in turn sold it to the factory owner and later Consul C. J. Schmidt in Wolgast in 1834.

The manor house was originally built in the 18th century and was rebuilt at the beginning of the 20th century.


Keywords: